Added overlays to image output and zoomed in section output.

Added overlays to image output and zoomed in section output.

stevehero
File Format, the codec used, codec settings & bitrate of the file would be nice as an overlay with the user allowed to change the size of the text displayed on the overlay.

Also 2 seconds zoomed in output of the file with timeline displayed so we can get a better picture of what's happening.

Thanks for such great SW!

Re: Added overlays to image output and zoomed in section output.

Fake No Funk
Administrator
I can include the the claimed bitrate to the image, no problem.
The file format could be derieved from the filename. I'll ensure that the extension is always visible, even for longer filenames.
Fontsize will be adjustable in the next version, too :-)

The used encoder and its settings are not available for all formats and can be easily "faked" of course, therefore it's not reliable. And as far as I understand this "encoder properties stuff", it's very encoder specific and not standardized...

About that zoom: Maybe I don't understand properly what you want to achieve. But you can't actually zoom very deeply, cos the fourier transformation always needs a timespan to decode the spectrum. The higher the desired resolution, the longer the needed timespan...

Re: Added overlays to image output and zoomed in section output.

stevehero
Oh, one more addition to the overlay please. The Sampling Rate and Bits per Sample where applicable.

Just like how SoX can do zoomed in plots of the high freq. See attached to what I mean.

Here's an example of a full plot and 2-second zoom (both same track)

https://imgur.com/a/4Pohl

Re: Added overlays to image output and zoomed in section output.

Fake No Funk
Administrator
The new version is out and it adds these information to the header of the spectrum image :-)