Can you help me analyze and understand why these are fakes?

Can you help me analyze and understand why these are fakes?

Hoggorm
Hello,

I have some songs that I do not fully understand why appear as fake in the FTF software. I was hoping you could help me, and perhaps advice on a different way to rip the CD so that this do not happen?

As you can see all files have a cutoff above 20000 Hz, the limit of human hearing? Some also above 22000 kHz.

So why are these not good copies of the song?

I've tried to re-rip also, but the same result appear.

Re: Can you help me analyze and understand why these are fakes?

Hoggorm
Screenshot 2

Re: Can you help me analyze and understand why these are fakes?

Hoggorm
Screenshot 3

Re: Can you help me analyze and understand why these are fakes?

Fake No Funk
A valid 24bit file should have frequencies above 22kHz.
If not, it's just upscaled from a 16 bit version...

Even though humans might not hear frequencies above 20 kHz, it is a kind of filter that was applied to the file.
Therefore, the entire quality of the file might be affected.

If you feel this is an error, you can activate the option "allow cutoffs above ... kHz" and they won't be spotted as fake.
But you take the risk that it's NOT a 100% true copy

Re: Can you help me analyze and understand why these are fakes?

Hoggorm
I see...

I guess I still have a lot to learn regarding these things.

But why do some albums contain one, or a few, songs that appear to be fake, while the others pass?

I have this CD "Star Wars A New Hope Remastered" for example. All tunes except one pass. Did I do something wrong when ripping the CD? Why did 15 tracks pass while one did not? Can I assume this is an error or should I complain to the company I bought the CD from?

How about another CD where all songs fail. Is this just a bad recording or did I rip the CD wrong?

This one passes on the Star Wars album:

Re: Can you help me analyze and understand why these are fakes?

Hoggorm
This one fails on the Star Wars album: