FTF showing bitrate 321 & actual bitrate 320 with whatever encoder I use

FTF showing bitrate 321 & actual bitrate 320 with whatever encoder I use

Agard
Hi there FTF I have encoded my mp3 files to constant 320 with dbpoweramp & Audacity & a few other mp3 encoders but FTF still shows some files as 321 bitrate with actual bitrate 320. I have never had this problem before so could you look into it please & thanks

https://postimg.cc/2bZ4PYCF

MP3 file for you to use

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cK2tAtCBJA-0YHZ1LgdBtsGXjxn9J5kn/view?usp=sharing

Re: FTF showing bitrate 321 & actual bitrate 320 with whatever encoder I use

Fake No Funk
Administrator
Hey,
sorry for the late reply.
For some mysterious reasons, the library I use to read the bitrate reports 321 instead of 320.
I trief a different component, this one reports the correct value of 320.
I'll release a bugfix soon!
Kind regards
Ulrich

Re: FTF showing bitrate 321 & actual bitrate 320 with whatever encoder I use

Agard
For some unknown reason as well whatever mp3 encoder i use it still doesn't make the file a constant 320 joint stereo if you hover over that mp3 track i sent it will show the bitrate 321 kbps but if you go to properties of the file it will show bitrate 320kbps so it could be a fault in the mp3 encoders for very short tracks. it could not be a FTF fault but really would it matter if FTF shows a mp3 file above 320 kbps & below 325 kbps & under as TRUE 320 kbps as mp3 files are only sold in 320 kbps anyway.

Re: FTF showing bitrate 321 & actual bitrate 320 with whatever encoder I use

Agard
Thanks you are amazing.

I wonder why some MP3 encoders using constant bitrate make some MP3 files more than 320kbs/s  e.g. 321kbs/s 323kbs/s.   Great job on making FTF dectect MP3 files more than 320kbs/s to show as just 320kbs/s now.