Files in a folder with a slash character in the folder-name are rejected (at least with MacOS)

Files in a folder with a slash character in the folder-name are rejected (at least with MacOS)

Håkan
Hi there!

I'm trying out the MacOS version of this software and have noticed that some audio files are rejected while others are accepted (i.e. analysed and then shown in the file list). Today I got an idea and removed the slash character from the names of some folders containing files that wouldn't show up in the file list. I then rescanned the files with Fakin' The Funk? and the missing files showed up.

MacOS allows the use of the slash character '/' in file and folder (i.e. directory) names. I use the slash character for folders containing albums with more than one release year, e.g. 'Watain – Rabid Death's Curse (2000/2012)'.

Hmm … I tried just now and it seems the vertical-bar character '|' has the same effect.

Re: Files in a folder with a slash character in the folder-name are rejected (at least with MacOS)

Fake No Funk
Administrator
Hi,
the app is based on a windows version, it does not support / * ? " in filenames.

Re: Files in a folder with a slash character in the folder-name are rejected (at least with MacOS)

Håkan
Fake No Funk wrote
Hi,
the app is based on a windows version, it does not support / * ? " in filenames.
Aha! Didn't think of that. I'll just have to avoid those characters, then.

Thanks.