Flac made from mp3 not marked as fake

Pommes
Hi,
i bought this tool to check if flac files are converted from lossy files.
I made  an mp 3 320 from cd and transcoded the mp3 to flac.
the spectrum analyzer shows a cutoff at around 20khz, the genuine flac is cutoff at around 22 kHz.
still the tool shows a green thumb on both files.
so is this tool not capable ?

Re: Flac made from mp3 not marked as fake

Fake No Funk
Administrator
The current version is not so harsh to files with cutoffs > 20 kHz ('cos only dogs or bats can hear this ^^)

But the next version (will be released in a few days) will allow you to difine if you want to accept those cutoffs or not.

Re: Flac made from mp3 not marked as fake

Pommes
Not that i can hear above 18khz, but cutoff around 20 kHz indicates it is not lossless

Please re-download the version from https://fakinthefunk.net/#download
==> This is already the new version 2.0, but I have not yet updated the automatic versioncheck

Re: Flac made from mp3 not marked as fake

Pommes
Wow, perfect. Now the test flacs i created from Mp3 320 and m4a 256 are marked as fake, awesome! Thanks