Hires FLAC files are identified as 320

Carlos Osornio
Newly processed files, 16 & 24 bits, 44100 and 48000 are being identified wrong, as fakes. Checked them with spectrum, spek and MediaInfo... Reverted to b5.4 for testing with the same result.

Re: Hires FLAC files are identified as 320

Fake No Funk
Administrator
Could you please upload the spectrum here or send me that file to info@fakinthefunk.net for further invesigations?

Re: Hires FLAC files are identified as 320

Fake No Funk
Administrator

Hey Carlos,

thanks for the file!

From what I can see, FTF is right: This file is NOT a true 48kHz/24 bit file.

A true 48 kHz file should show a clean specrum up to 24 kHz.
But as you can see in the spectrum, there is a clear cutoff at 22 kHz
This is a strong indicator that the source was a regular 44.1 kHz CD rip.

This does NOT mean, that it is bad quality - the cutoff frequency of 22 kHz is a good indicator that it is a high quality file. But to be honest, it looks like a fake: It claims to has a samplerate of 48kHz but it is only 44.1 KHz.

Please refer to the user guide available at https://fakinthefunk.net/userguide

Since the file still is good, you might want to accept this: That's why there is the option "allow cutoffs above ... Hz" in the settings dilaog. From my point of view, files >= 19800 Hz are good.

CU
Ulrich