Many Audio Files Not Showing Up When Scanning Folders

Many Audio Files Not Showing Up When Scanning Folders

NativeSun
I have recently noticed that many of my files are not appearing in "Fakin the Funk" when scanning the folders on my computer.

I can see audio files in the folders on my computer, but Fakin the Funk is not detecting them.

How can I know if these files are good or not and what their actual bit rate is if they are not showing up in the program?

Please advise.

I would like to make sure I am only adding high quality, or at the very least descent quality files, to my library, but I have to be able to scan them and even view their waveforms. and let the program work its magic.

Re: Many Audio Files Not Showing Up When Scanning Folders

NativeSun
I can see some of these files in Spec, but not in Fakin the Funk. I think it is time for an update to your product because it is no longer working as it should.

Re: Many Audio Files Not Showing Up When Scanning Folders

Fake No Funk
Administrator
Maybe you have activated one of the filter-buttons in the toolbar?
As soon as one of them is grayed-out, files fitting that category are not shown.

Re: Many Audio Files Not Showing Up When Scanning Folders

NativeSun
This post was updated on .
Well that answers one question.

Why is that so many of my files are showing up as corrupt?

Even songs that I have purchased from reputable online stores are showing up as corrupt.

Is this accurate and is there a way to confirm if an audio file really is corrupt?

Does it have something to do with the clipping?

Isn't this a part of mastering in many electronic music tracks (All of my music)?

Thanks.

Re: Many Audio Files Not Showing Up When Scanning Folders

Fake No Funk
Administrator
There are multiple causes for a file being marked as corrupted...

1) Duration
Fakin' The Funk first reads the header of the file, which contains (among other things) the total length of the song. Then it scans through the audio frames and calculates the actual song length. If there is a mentionable difference in these two values, the file will be marked as corrupted.

In some cases, this is only a "bug" in the header. In other cases it happens that the song simply stops in the middle of playing.

2) Clipping:
The settings dialog offers an option to search for clipping and define a "tolerance level". If too many samples are clipping, then it will be marked as corrupted.

3) Silent parts
The settings dialog offers an option to detect silent parts longer than x seconds. When such a pause is detected, the file will be marked as corrupted.