Self-ripped FLAC files show as fake/320 kbps

Self-ripped FLAC files show as fake/320 kbps

TJMax
As I upgrade my listening equipment, I've been doing the same with the ripped files from my CDs.  In addition to what my ears tell me, I want to know from concrete analysis if I'm doing my lossless ripping correctly, and discovered Fakin' the Funk today.  While my 320 kbps MP3s show as genuine, almost all of my FLAC rips are showing as fake (actually 320).  I'll post an example here: I ripped my CD of Voivod's Nothingface with dbPoweramp; this is from the resulting file of their version of Astronomy Domine:

I realized I may have had dbPoweramp in burst mode when I ripped this file, so I re-ripped it just now in secure mode; FtF still says fake/320.  Am I doing something wrong with my FLAC rips?

Re: Self-ripped FLAC files show as fake/320 kbps

TJMax
Anyone?  Bueller...?

Re: Self-ripped FLAC files show as fake/320 kbps

jharrell84
OMG! This is exactly the same problem I am having. I have been looking for solutions on sites such as youtube but no one seems to be having this problem. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully, someone will solve this soon.  I used to use dBpoweramp, but now I use Exact Audio Copy.  I know, they pretty much do the same thing.

Re: Self-ripped FLAC files show as fake/320 kbps

jharrell84
Hi,

I was going through the forum and found this solution that seems to be working well for me. I think it has to do with the
 "Allow Cutoff Above" in the settings. Here is the link:

http://fakin-the-funk.2370306.n4.nabble.com/FLAC-showing-as-320-is-that-normal-td253.html

Hopefully, this helps.