Slow analysing

Jacko1uk
Hi, I’m using an M1 MB running Monterey. When I run the analysis on a music folder it takes forever to get results. The folder has 3700 songs, I read on the website that 1000 songs takes a matter of minutes, I left it running for 90 minutes and gave up, still had only given full results on a maybe a few hundred. The rest showed up but does not show full results or whether it’s a fake etc. Should it take this long? PJ

Re: Slow analysing

Fake No Funk
Administrator
Hey, it should definitely NOT take so long., I'd expect something around 20 Minutes... And there should be a progress indicator that calculates the estimated remaining time -> Did this show up and reported such a long duration?!

Re: Slow analysing

Jacko1uk
Hi,

I'm running another folder now that has 1844 tracks, here is a screenshot of the time lapsed and remaining

The status column doesn't seem to be updating over what showed up in the first few minutes the same with the actual bitrate

Re: Slow analysing

Jacko1uk
Hi,

So after the approx 2hrs 15 mins of analysing the status and actual bitrate showed up but my MB Air was red hot.
My video rendering software doesn't get my MB that hot.

Re: Slow analysing

Fake No Funk
Administrator
The only thing I can imagine is that your folder contains quite long songs.
The settings dialog offers an option "analyze entire file" => this can take some time for long songs...