Strange or false Bitrate ???

kendoi
This post was updated on .
I continue to test FTF

One of the "bad" file finded by FTF, is a long album rip. A FLAC file of 42 minutes including 9 track. A 24 bits file (the maximum bitrate for this kind of file).

1 ) If you look at the bitrate finded by FTF, it is clearly low : 566

2) & 3)  Using audacity I export the first track in wav 24 bits and converted in flac with dBpoweramp + Bit Depth. Of course the bitrate is higher.

How to understand this. Is it really a bitrate at 566 ?

If you check the album with very good audio system, it sound perfet. Possible at only 566, all the data with so little flow ? I repeat, it sound perfect with my KEF system.

I put to spectre, the FTF spectre (only the begining) and a Spec one how give a full image of the file.

Re: Strange or false Bitrate ???

Fake No Funk
Administrator
The max. bitrate will not exceed the claimed bitrate; if the flac says it is 566 kbps, FTF will not report any value above 566.

In this case, the "max frequence" is a better indicator.