Unreadable

Sloucher
Hi, why do songs register as unreadable?

Re: Unreadable

Fake No Funk
Administrator
Hey,

either the file is DRM protected or the fileheader is corrupted (it cannot be detected as a valid audiofile).
Can you play those files with a different audioplayer?!

Ulrich

Re: Unreadable

Sloucher
Hi..  I can play them yes.  I'm not entirely sure what fileheader means.  I guess DRM is some type of copywrite protection on sound files.  okay thanks.

Re: Unreadable

Dobg
Hi,
I purchased the premium version and I have a lot of unreadable files. These files can be read by all my other software (spek included). They are regular .mp3 files downloaded from Fuviclan for some.
Do you have a fix because I can't use FtheF if 60% of my files are processed as "unredable".
Thanks.

Re: Unreadable

Fake No Funk
Administrator
could you please send me such a file so I can investigate myself?

RE: Unreadable

Dobg
Hi,

Thanks to contact me so quickly, hope my message will help.
Please see the screenshot with error message I received (sorry it is in French):

For the folder analyzed, on 143 files 50 are unreadable!
I attached one of these files (Donna Summer/I feel love).

Best regards,
Dobg

RE: Unreadable

Fake No Funk
Administrator
The attached file is not a valid mp3 file.
It's only 4 KB and contains only weird stuff!

RE: Unreadable

Dobg
Hi,

You're right. When  I sent you the .mp3 I remarked it is a wrong file. It is not easy for me because I work with Mac Catalina (Rekordbox and others) but I have had to install FtheF on my PC.

Thanks for your help.