Unsure about fake file

sound808
Hi! If I'm unsure about a file being fake, what are the others ways i can verify that?
@pedrornd

Re: Unsure about fake file

Fake No Funk
Administrator
The only way to proof it is to listen to it...
It it sounds good, then it is good :-)

The frequency spectrum analysis is a good hint; if the spectrum looks "strange", then it is probably fake.
You can post the spectrum here!

Re: Unsure about fake file

sound808
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
@pedrornd

Re: Unsure about fake file

sound808

Re: Unsure about fake file

sound808
here the screenshot from the actual software -> https://i.imgur.com/bh6oeSP.png

the first on the left with agressive mode and the second on the right with the normal

with aggressive is pointed as fake, with normal it pass

@pedrornd

Re: Unsure about fake file

Fake No Funk
Administrator
As you can see, there is a kind of cutoff at approx. 21 kHz. This cannot be heared by humans, but for a 100% accurate rip I would not have expected this; the spectrum should have been "smooth" till the end.

However, it seems to be CD Quality from what one can say looking at the spectrum.

But I'd guess it was ripped from a source that only contained frequencies up to 21kHz or it was transcoded to flac
In this process, some higher frequency flares were added - those peaks above 21 kHz look strange to me.

Conclusion:
It is seems to be really good quality, nothing worth to complain about, but I doubt that it is really "real"

The reason why it is not marked as fake in the normal mode is, that it CD quality and noone could hear a difference...

Re: Unsure about fake file

sound808
oh ok i got it! thank you for all the information and for this amazing software!
@pedrornd