re name fake files to show actual bit rate in windowws explorer and dj software like VDJ

re name fake files to show actual bit rate in windowws explorer and dj software like VDJ

bongo pete
When analysing tracks fakin the funk shows the bitrate and the actual bitrate and you can append the track with either text at the beginning of the track or the end to show the real bitrate which is good but it causes havoc in my database on Virtual DJ with the text. Is it possible to alter bitrate to show the actual bitrate permanently without using the text at either the beginning or end of the track. This would really help in my dj sortware and also windows.
Thanks
Pete

Re: re name fake files to show actual bit rate in windowws explorer and dj software like VDJ

Fake No Funk
Administrator
You can use the right-mouse-key "Rename files > Insert text at beginning of comment tag"

and then use the placeholder $realbitrate to write the bitrate in the comment-tag

It is technically not possible to "overwrite" the bitrate information of the file, since it is not a tag but a property of the file itself.

Re: re name fake files to show actual bit rate in windowws explorer and dj software like VDJ

bongo pete
Thanks for your reply
I have tried what you have said and its a lot better way of marking them with the actual bit rate. I have another question relating to that process which is more windows based. How do I get any music folder  I open in windows 7 to always show comments and the windows bitrate. At the moment any windows music folder I open only shows across the top track no., artist, song title, album etc and I have to right click at the end of the last collum and ad windows bitrate and comments but it only adds those options to that folder. If I open a totally different music folder windows bitrate and comments are not there and I have to do the same process as I did to the previous folder. I want any music folder I open in windows 7 to always show bitrate and comments so I can compare. I am planning on upgrading to windows 10 soon because of support for windows 7 finishing in January. If the process is different could you explain how to do that too.
look forward to your reply.
Thanks
Pete

You can use the right-mouse-key "Rename files > Insert text at beginning of comment tag"

and then use the placeholder $realbitrate to write the bitrate in the comment-tag

It is technically not possible to "overwrite" the bitrate information of the file, since it is not a tag but a property of the file itself.

To unsubscribe from re name fake files to show actual bit rate in windowws explorer and dj software like VDJ, click here.
NAML